Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Secondary Librarian/Media Specialist
at Palacios ISD
Direct the operation of the school library/media center. Provide services and resources that allow students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to solve problems. Serve as teacher, materials expert, and curriculum adviser to ensure that library/media center is involved in instructional programs of the school.
Master’s degree from accredited college or university (for individuals certified after January 23, 2001)
Valid Texas school librarian certificate or endorsement
Knowledge of library and information science
Ability to instruct and manage student behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
3 years classroom teacher
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students and other library users to help them locate resources and use research techniques. Serve as an information resource for users of library/media center materials.
- Work with teachers to convey appropriate use of materials and help schedule materials for classroom instructional use. Encourage the appropriate use of video programing and other media for educational purposes.
- Design, develop, and present staff development for teachers on the availability and use of campus and district learning resources.
- Plan, collaborate with administrators, and implement an effective school library program that meets identified needs and create a library/media center environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of students.
- Make recommendations for acquisitions and manage the the processing, organizing, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of library/media resources.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date resource files including instructional program schedules and other community resources.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the library/media center program and make changes based on the findings.
- Develop library schedules to ensure access to students.
- Responsible for the organization, distribution, and maintenance of technology-based materials for classroom use. Direct any unresolved technology issues to the technology department.
- Carry out student discipline strategies and procedures in accordance with board policies and administrative regulations.
- Compile, budget and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Act as a positive role model for students at all times.
- Support the vision, mission, core values, and beliefs of Palacios ISD.
- Performs 100% of instructional duties on a Title I, Part A Schoolwide campus.
Direct the work of instructional assistant(s), student aides, and volunteers if applicable.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)