Poteet School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Poteet School District
Poteet ISD is accepting applications for bus drivers for the 2017-2018 school year.
Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned route. Operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from schools or other designated location.
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B)
Clear and satisfactory drug test
Must be 18 years of age
Ability to pass alcohol and drug test
Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of student discipline procedure
Ability to manage student behavior
Ability to operate bus
1 year experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow assigned route and adhere to established schedules.
- Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities.
- Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, and mechanical failures. Complete required reports.
- Keep records on bus mileage, gas and oil consumption, and number of passengers transported.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Maintain discipline; report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
- Inspect bus by checking fuel, oil, water, tires, lights, brakes, and steering to ensure bus can be operated safely before driving.
- Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as first aid kit, fire extinguisher, flags, fuses, crow bar, and reflector.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area that could cause an accident and inform supervisory of any conditions that are not correctable immediately.
- Report any hazardous conditions along the route.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Operate two-way radio equipment to communicate with transportation office.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
- Attend and complete required training program to maintain safety certification.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
School bus, safety equipment (flares, reflective signs), fire extinguisher.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control. Continual sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand and arm motions. Work outside and inside; moderate exposure to extreme temperature (hot) and vehicle fumes.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)