Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter II
at PrimeWest Mortgage
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Mortgage Loan Underwriter II evaluates borrowers’ creditworthiness and determines if residential real estate loan applications meet minimum investor and loan program standards.
1. Evaluates loan applications and borrowers’ creditworthiness.
2. Monitors Regulation B compliance and ensures that all loan underwriting decisions are made within applicable timeframes.
3. Determines whether or not to approve a loan application based on information provided by a loan applicant.
4. Verifies income and employment information, reviews credit history and calculates the value of a borrower’s collateral and assets.
5. Ensures that the property specifications and loan terms meet the bank’s underwriting guidelines and investor criteria.
6. Follows underwriting procedure and completes all underwriting logs.
7. Adheres to FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines.
8. Approves loan requests that fall within the loan authority limits established for the position and recommends approval for loan requests that are outside of their authority limits.
9. Reviews and approves Automated Underwriting System ("AUS") findings.
10. Denies Mortgage loans that do not meet the standards and prepares a timely adverse action notice.
11. Clears loan conditions and forwards a loan to closing when appropriate.
12. Documents reasons for approval or denial, and completes adverse action notices, when required.
13. Notifies Loan Processor and/or Loan Officer of final decision.
14. Checks investor memos and keeps current on any changes.
15. Answers audit issues on purchased or pre-purchased loans.
16. Reviews scenarios with Loan Officers and Loan Processors and answers questions regarding underwriting.
17. Analyzes personal and business (Corporate, S Corporation, and Partnership) income tax returns and prepares Self-Employed Analysis for Mortgage loan qualification.
18. Reviews all appraisals (i.e., 1004, 1025) to confirm that they meet the standards for the loan type requested and support the market value conclusion.
19. Contacts appraisers, as necessary, to resolve conflicting information or appraisal issues.
20. Assists in the training of Mortgage lending personnel in documentation and underwriting standards for various Mortgage types.
21. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field.
2. 3-5 years of recent residential mortgage underwriting experience.
3. Working Knowledge of Automated Underwriting System to include DU and LP or similar AUS software.
4. Detailed knowledge of the loan processing system.
5. Working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, as well as various investor guidelines.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel.
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to PrimeWest Mortgage and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At PrimeWest Mortgage, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will