Region 16 Education Service Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Technician II
at Region 16 Education Service Center
To provide wide area help desk assistance and support and to ensure that end users and/or clients are receiving the appropriate assistance. To assist Networking Technology Specialists as required. The Help Desk Technician II is responsible for ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual is self-motivated with excellent teamwork skills combined with the discipline to work extremely well on his/her own if required. This individual possesses strong organizational and communication skills involving the ability to disseminate information and knowledge while also listening and putting into practice advice and instructions.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree in computer related field preferred
Special Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Physical Demands:
- Demonstrated related work experience required
- Experience loading and running computer software required
- Experience working with computer hardware and software programs on Windows and Mac required
- Must possess patience to assist users with computer technology
- Must be eager to learn and share new knowledge
- Must display a drive to help others while being attentive to individual differences
- Must display responsibility by assuming personal accountability for own work
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides contracted Local Education Agencies (LEAs) with computer workstation support, troubleshooting, installation, and administration.
- Provides computer workstation lifecycle management by installing, imaging, distributing, configuring, and maintaining computers as directed by the contracted LEA contact and or Technology Services director or designee(s).
- Provides assistance to contracting LEA’s educational technology by supporting intelligent boards, projectors, scanners, printers, smartphones, IP phones, and other user-based technologies.
- Maintains a work schedule that will provide 7 days a week and 24 hour availability for support of the related networks and devices.
- Provides assistance to the ESC and contracting LEAs within the terms of the Network Services Contracts.
- Provides assistance and support for the Region 16 wide area network, including help desk services.
- Maintains open communication and confidentiality with client schools.
- Provides assistance in the areas of technology as identified by the advisory committee and Technology Services clients.
- Maintains a functioning cell phone and is accessible through this phone as deemed appropriate by the Director. Follows all procedures as outlined in Region 16 ECA (Regulation) and signs ECA (Exhibit A). A functioning cell phone means that it is charged, activated, messages checked, and mailbox emptied regularly.
- Travel required.
- Reports for work ready to perform responsibilities.
- Performs duties that directly and/or indirectly impact student performance in Region 16.
- Maintains a professional level of confidentiality regarding all ESC matters.
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the ESC strategic plan.
- Upholds and adheres to safety rules and policies of the ESC safety program.
- Performs professional responsibilities as required by ESC policies, processes, and procedures.
- Meets proficiency levels of required technology skills as outlined by supervisor.
- Incorporates appropriate technology in daily work and exhibits continual growth in technologies as outlined bysupervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Annual Number of Work Days: 232
Job Contact Information
|Title||Coordinator, Client Network Services|
Monday, August 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)