Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Claims - Dedicated
Regular - Full Time
Dedicated Claims Manager
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To managed the technical and operational functions within a dedicated client; to ensure consistent delivery of quality services; to manage staffing and training needs of specified unit; and to oversee budget preparation and profit and loss management within the dedicated client program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall operational management for assigned dedicated client.
- Oversees company and client internal quality review process and reports monthly.
- Establishes policy and procedure to ensure compliance to best practices, claims management services standards, state regulations and client service requirements; ensures compliance with client internal controls, audit requirements and service agreement requirements; plans, develops and implements team, policies and procedures for dedicated client activity.
- Establishes business plan with goal and objectives for the partnership of the dedicated client.
- Works with Program Management to: (a) make recommendations for cost savings strategies for client and partners; (b) keep client, program manager and colleagues informed of statutory or regulatory requirements/developments by jurisdiction which may impact procedures; (c) resolve client issues; (d) communicate frequently with key client personnel; and (e) represent company as liaison to clients and partners.
- Identifies and resolves issues with company representatives.
- Monitors management reports relating to the dedicated client's performance.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required.
Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include four (4) years claims management experience and two (2) years supervisory experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of claims management procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer