Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Human Resources Manager
at Tableau Software
What you'll be doing…
We’re looking for a seasoned, strategic Senior HR Manager for Tableau’s Austin office. Reporting to Sales HR leadership, you’ll provide HR and organizational leadership to 300+ employees who work in a variety of related functions - including technical support, sales operations, and direct selling roles. In this new role, you’ll partner with site business leaders to provide HR guidance and support for all people related processes.
You’ll have proven experience working on virtual teams, using superior communication and collaboration skills. You can look forward to partnering with an extended team of HR colleagues in areas such as recruiting and onboarding, training and development, employee relations and rewards. With a strong background that includes experience shaping culture and developing talent, come join us to help Tableau continue to delight our customers!
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
- Partner with Austin leaders and employees to drive business growth and organization effectiveness; execute on change management initiatives; and build organizational capability.
- Establish site-specific employee engagement strategies where appropriate, partnering with leaders to deliver effective communications and ensure alignment with the strategic growth plans for our company.
- Own the day-to-day partnership with Senior Director and Director level leaders (who have reporting relationships to various leaders in Seattle and across the US) by understanding business priorities and translating them into the highest impact work.
- Partner with the cross-geographical HRBP team and central HR functions to support and communicate initiatives that impact and enhance all teams across the Austin office, in areas including performance management, training and development, organization design, workforce planning, talent management, and rewards.
- Partner with leaders to identify people and organizational risk by monitoring overall employee satisfaction. Provide coaching and feedback to managers and employees to positively impact turnover and retention.
- Partner with the recruiting team to manage hiring plans in Austin. Support programs to help drive candidate search and placement, including participation on interview panels and in employee onboarding activities, as well as identifying talent market trends that support business strategy.
- Actively support Tableau’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, and help ensure they are integrated in program offerings and workforce decisions.
- Work with managers and employees to ensure a balanced approach in addressing all types of employee relations issues. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment that enhances employee performance and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, statutes and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment, preferably in a high growth technology company;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to quickly gain trust working across organizational lines;
- Organizational agility and the ability to advise various levels of leadership without direct authority, exercising tact and diplomacy;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while also collaborating and communicating as an active member of distributed business and HR teams;
- Ability to operate/consult in the “gray” areas and partner across the organization in a manner that is focused on finding solutions;
- Very high competency in navigating successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities and a constantly changing environment;
- Outstanding attention to detail and extremely organized with excellent follow up;
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable federal and state employment & labor laws.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required; PHR/SPHR preferred
- 10 - 15 years of HR Manager or Business Partner experience
- Experience working in a high growth company and/or an HR site leadership role preferred
- Expert knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including performance management, talent retention and engagement, training and development, talent acquisition, compensation practices, and diversity.
- Deep experience working in heavily matrixed business environments with intersecting reporting structures.
- Strong ability to balance emotional intelligence with data-based decision making in order to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Able to combine past experience with current information to ‘see around corners’ in advising and consulting the business.
- Strong track record of diagnosing and taking appropriate action on employee relations issues and other sensitive employee matters.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, but also a natural and skilled collaborator as an active member of distributed business and HR teams.
- Superior planning, execution and multitasking skills; able to manage quickly changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach at all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of relevant legislative and compliance frameworks.
- Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
- The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas s/he is directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole.
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
Executing for Results:
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainly; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
Relationships and Influence:
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in his/her beliefs, and active drive.
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond his/her.
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!