The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST SHIFT SUPERVISOR
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M7746TLQH44QGS6TD
Facility: SOUTH TEXAS DETENTION FACILITY
Compensation Base: $23.31 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for all security and control related functions during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by management.
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal time.
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors, gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as needed.
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of inmate/detainee disturbances.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety training.
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job assignments.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass extensive background investigation
- Must meet the requirements of being a Correctional Officer.
- One (1) year of experience working in a correctional setting required.
- Must be flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff, possess a working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for security supervisors and officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!