The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: KARNES COUNTY RESIDENTIAL CENTER
Compensation Base: $21.15 plus $4.48 H&W
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position prepares large quantities food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, and vegetables by using a variety of cooking methods and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation.
- Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by Resident food service staff.
- Supervises resident voluntary workers.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Prepares schedules and ensures the quality of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. College credits or relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting or an equivalent combination of work experience and training required. Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.