The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION CENTER (I & II)
Compensation Base: $20.28
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises work performed in the facility laundry area including receiving, cleaning and distribution of laundry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the pick-up, sorting or clothing and distribution of laundry to detainees.
- Supervises detainees in a closed environment, which includes the initial training of the detainee workers prior to actual work performed. Maintains a running count of detainees in the laundry area to maintain department security. Maintains a safe working environment and continually train inmates in safety awareness.
- Completes maintenance inspections, end-of-shift reports, weekly inventories, cost per-load documentations and other required reports.
- Performs required inspections of industrial washers and dryers.
- Routinely inspects clothing, laundry bags, towels and linen for repair and/or disposal.
- Orders supplies based upon approved facility lists. Plans for purchasing supplies from the development of an organized purchasing system.
- Maintains an inventory system that accurately determines quantity on hand, purchased, and sold.
- Provides staff with an up-to-date list of items stocked in the warehouse. Receives and properly stores all supplies and ensures appropriate housekeeping standards are met.
- Assists in conducting periodic inventories. Distributes supplies when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Two (2) years of laundry experience in a large commercial establishment in the operation of laundry equipment and machinery, one (1) year of which shall have been in a lead worker capacity.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and equipment used in receiving, sorting, washing, ironing, finishing, and distributing laundry in large quantities
- Knowledge of laundry sanitation and safety measures used in operating, cleaning, and care of equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of preparing and using bleaches, soaps, starches, and disinfectant compounds.
- Knowledge on methods used to remove stains from various materials.
- Knowledge on the maintenance and repair of laundry equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge on the of purchase orders for equipment and machinery.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.