The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: EAGLE PASS DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $12.58
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position collects, inspects, and inventories all personal property of incoming inmates. It requires familiarity with policies, procedures and practices established by the organization. The sensitive nature of the position requires the incumbent to exercise discretion and retain confidentiality of information obtained by discussions or recorded data. May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions.
- Assists with data entry and maintenance of computerized files.
- Collects, inspects and inventories all personal property of incoming inmates when they first arrive at the facility.
- Provides inmates with a receipt for all personal property stored for them, pursuant to facility policy.
- Maintains inmate personal property in a safe and secure manner until their release from custody.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to inmates’ stored property, as well as other reports as required.
- Prepares property for the release of inmates.
- Assists in the inmate release process as required.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls and takes messages in the absence of management personnel.
- May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees. (Refer to Corrections Officer job description for additional information.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Two (2) years of administration support experience preferably in a correctional environment.
- Experience in word processing and good knowledge of various software programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- General clerical aptitude.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.