The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK
at The Geo Group
Facility: EAST HIDALGO DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $13.57 + HW
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintains the proper handling, organization and preservation of all detainee/inmate medical records. Provides clerical functions as directed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Files all medical records in alphabetical order adhering to color-coded system.
- Files and attaches medical information in each medical record according to dates of incarceration or date of service.
- Obtains physician signatures on all diagnostic studies before filing.
- Maintains both active and inactive files.
- Provides records as requested by health providers and administrative staff.
- Schedules appointments with outside consulting health professionals as assigned.
- Prepares monthly statistics and reports as assigned.
- Performs secretarial duties, i.e. answers telephones, types, files, as required.
- Performs other related marginal duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Training in an accredited medical records program or a minimum of one (1) year of experience in an established medical records system preferred.
- Working knowledge of business English, math, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives required. Must have a proven history of exercising discretion and retaining confidentiality.
- Solid organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and detainees required.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department