The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
at The Geo Group
Facility: HECTOR GARZA CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The position is associated with clerical duties and assists with day to day maintenance of client files.
- Assist with licensing, contractual, and accreditation compliance; in conjunction with the quality & compliance specialist.
- Help prepare for all licensing inspections, contractual reviews, and accreditation surveys.
- Manage and maintain client records to ensure confidentiality.
- Accurately input client demographics into appropriate client databases.
- Regularly update contacts in client databases and files, enter admission and discharge dates, and close enrollments as needed.
- Regularly file all information pertaining to client records as well as ensuring files are updated.
- Conduct a quantitative review of all clinically related documentation and reports which may include the following: IOP, progress notes, reports related to client treatment/progress, treatment plans, comprehensive goal plans, and etc.
- Keep abreast of specific regulations i.e. ODJFS, ODADAS, and HIPPA in relationship towards record reviews and billing.
- Assist other administrative departments with clerical duties as needed. In the absence of client information coordinator perform population reports and client schedules.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate's degree or 90 college credits in social services, healthcare or related fiend and five years related experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree in social services, healthcare or related field and three years related experience.
- Knowledge of applicable licensing (e.g. TDFPS), contractual (e.g. DHS, HHSC), accreditation (e.g.; JC) standards.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices related to the residential treatment of delinquent and dependent youth.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.