The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3T43B6HXCX1PTLX512
Facility: SOUTH TEXAS DETENTION FACILITY
Compensation Base: $13.90 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under direct supervision, responsible for the workflow of the training office. Performs clerical work requiring application of varied work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity with policies, practices and procedures of the facility. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining training records, indexes and files.
- Types correspondence, reports and other materials as required.
- Operates an adding machine, calculator, copy machine, personal computer, printer and other office machines as required.
- Makes appointments, gives information and/or directs callers and opens mail, exercising judgment concerning priority. Reads outgoing correspondence for policy or viewpoint conflicts. Summarizes content of incoming materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass extensive background investigation.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!