The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infection Control RN
at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Under the general supervision of the Director of Quality and the Infection Control Officer, the Infection Control Nurse is responsible for the Infection control function, the Infection Control works to identify and isolate disease outbreaks within the hospital, as well as to determine ways to minimize spread of infections. Provide education to ensure that proper infection control protocols, from hand washing to wearing masks when necessary, are being followed by all hospital staff members.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current Member of APIC.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Certification as Infection Control Practitioner preferred; documentation of educational programs related to:
- Epidemiologic principles and infectious diseases.
- Sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practices.
- Adult education principles.
- Patient care practice.
Minimum of five (5) years of clinical nursing experience with management experience preferred.