Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Lending Assistant
at TBK Bank
The Commercial Lending Assistant is responsible for supporting commercial loan customers by providing direct administrative support to the lending staff and playing a critical role in the execution of the Bank credit and lending process.
Credit Process Support
- Understand all relevant Bank lending policies, procedures and regulations and perform duties in such a way as to maintain compliance with stated standards
- Act as intermediary credit process expert between Loan Officers and Loan Processing or Loan Operations
- Participate actively in Commercial Lending Workflow to ensure quality and timely service to Bank commercial loan customers
Lender Administrative Support
- Due Diligence and Pre-Closing Support:
- Provide applicable disclosures in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Request flood determinations and appraisals from Appraisal Department
- Order credit bureaus, UCC searches, title work, etc.
- Loan Closing:
- Order loan documents; Print loan documents for lender review; Review loan documents for accuracy and completeness, and ensure all documents are properly executed by lender and customer.
- Disburse loan proceeds
- Send commercial loan booking package to Loan Operations Department
- Monitor Daily New and Renewed Loan Report to ensure closed loans are timely booked
- Collateral Perfection:
- Send recordable documents to proper recording authority (place tickler for follow-ups) and review all other perfection documentation for accuracy and completeness
Commercial Loan Maintenance
- Set up, manage and provide ongoing maintenance to electronic customer files in accordance with Bank guidelines
- Create and monitor ticklers, following up on outstanding items, requesting documentation, and updating ticklers as the documentation is received
- Monitor Daily Paid Notes Report; Process paid files in accordance with Bank procedures
- Monitor other Bank reports as needed to provide timely feedback and follow-up on any necessary or outstanding items
- Prepare denial letters on commercial loan requests; ensure that denied and withdrawn commercial loan file has been imaged
- Treat all customers courteously; respond to questions, concerns or requests on a same-day basis; and maintain professionalism at all times
- Promote and implement the Bank’s service philosophies
- Manage customer information change requests
- Monitor advances and pay downs as requested by customers
- Work with Loan Operations Department on payment and billing issues
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 3-5 years banking experience and/or commercial loan processing required
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Evidence of a strong work ethic, detail orientation, and organizational skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Occasional travel required within assigned region required
TBK Bank, SSB, a subsidiary of Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK), is a Texas-state savings bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas that offers consumer and commercial banking products from our 61 branches throughout Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, and Texas. We also serve a national client base through our Triumph Commercial Finance division, which offers factoring, equipment lending, asset based lending, and premium finance solutions for independent insurance agents. We offer discount factoring through our Advance Business Capital LLC, d/b/a Triumph Business Capital subsidiary and insurance through our Triumph Insurance Group, Inc. subsidiary.