Varian Medical Systems, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemistry Lab Technician
at Varian Medical Systems, inc.
We're driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.
Varian Medical Systems is looking for a Chemistry Lab Technician to join our Interventional Solutions (IS) development team. The individual will be a member of our growing microsphere embolization team that is focused on treating cancers by occluding the blood supply to tumors. The individual would contribute by assisting with testing and analysis of new and existing microsphere products. The ideal candidate would be a self-driven individual with a passion for chemistry and a desire to work on products that changes people’s lives.
- Apply basic scientific principles and laboratory procedures to test method execution
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate, and record results
- Characterize microsphere devices for size, structural integrity, rate of drug absorption and release
- Quality assurance testing of embolization microspheres to ensure conformance to design specifications
- Plan and conduct R&D activities to define and develop embolization microspheres
- Assist in development of prototype embolization microspheres to demonstrate technical feasibility
- Assist in new product development projects and cost-reduction design activities
- Write technical documentation including process descriptions and test methods
- Contribute to and maintain FDA compliant Design History Files (DHF)
- Execute process improvements as they relate to quality system compliance with FDA 510(k), QSR and ISO 13485
- Participate in complaint investigations, and failure analysis of products
- Provide root cause analysis support and drive the implementation of corrective action for process-related issues
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications & Experience
- Associated or 4-year degree preferred with relevant college course in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Prior chemical laboratory experience with preference for experience in medical device or other regulated industry
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques such as HPLC, FTIR, Viscosity and Particle Counter Analysis is preferred
- Familiarity with the medical device Regulatory (FDA & MDD) and Quality (QSR & ISO 13485) issues or similarly regulated industry is preferred
- Experience working within a company’s Quality System is preferred
- Experience with design verification & validation
- Experience in the development of regulated medical devices or combination products is preferred
- Able to define and develop test procedures and to perform design verification
When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. Join Varian’s Oncology Systems team, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer.
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work – every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people’s lives. You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.