Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Warren CAT
TEAM UP WITH US!
The Training Specialist is responsible for developing the course material and schedule to give all students an in-depth knowledge of engines, heavy equipment and soft skill training. This includes measurement and feedback of progress through the required materials. This position will have the responsibility of keeping the classroom and training equipment in good shape to facilitate learning. The trainer will be expected to teach the values of the company in each student, including safety, ethics, and customer service.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Confers with management and staff or Technical Training Coordinator to determine training objectives.
- Writes training program, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and designs laboratory exercises.
- Schedules classes based on classroom and equipment availability.
- Lectures class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment, following outline, handouts, and texts.
- Demonstrates procedures being taught, such as programming and repair.
- Observes trainees as they apply new knowledge and answers trainees' questions.
- Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees' performance.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrates information into training program.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced computer literacy is required.
- This position requires mastery CAT product knowledge and in-depth skills of the electrical, electronic systems, and components of gas and diesel engines.
- It is expected that the candidate will attain a CIAP (Caterpillar Instructor Accreditation Program) certification within one year of employment.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 50%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.